Electrical workers licensing
The Electrical Workers Licensing Group assists the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) to fulfil its responsibility for the ongoing competency of over 30,000 registered and licensed electrical and electronic workers (EWs). It also promotes electrical and electronic safety to all New Zealanders.
It provides for the following services:
- conducts examinations
- monitors training
- receives and authorises registration of twelve classes of electrical and electronic workers
- issues provisional licenses to those who meet requirements
- ensures registered EWs maintain an adequate level of competency
- exercises disciplinary powers
- institutes prosecution when necessary under the Electricity Act 1992.